Saturday, August 8, 2009

Zucchini on the side

One of my favorite vegetable to cook with is Zucchini. You can do so many different things with it. It can be deep fried, used in a vegetable medley, or stands well on its own just pan fried or sauteed.

I was cooking for a couple friends last night, and one of my professors had given me a fresh piece of zucchini from his vegetable garden. What I did with it was very simple. First, I cut the zucchini into fairly thin strips (you can cut as thick or thin as you like), and layed them out on a cutting board. I put a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan, and set it down on the stove to heat up, I also drizzled a bit of olive oil right onto the zucchini to let it absorb in. You could always use vegetable oil if you don't have olive oil.

For seasoning, I put on a little salt, pepper, and a touch of garlic powder directly onto the slices, just to give it a little extra flavor. Then all you have to do once the oil in the pan is heated up is throw in the zucchini and let them cook until tender, maybe 5-10 minutes, or until tender. It all depends on how thick you sliced them.

Even if you decide to not go with any spices on it, the zucchini stands very well just cooked in olive oil. It is one of the easiest and most tasty vegetable to prepare.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment