Monday, August 3, 2009

My first Entry: About Me

Hi, my name is Matt...I am a 24 year old college student/part time worker that along with sports and music, loves to cook and prepare my own meals. When I watch TV, a lot of the time when I'm not watching my Pittsburgh sports teams (Go Pitt and Pirates!!!), I am tuned into the food network, not only because I love food and preparing it, but because I am always looking for new ideas. The problem is, a lot of these meals require a lot of attention and time to make, and as a college student who obviously doesn't have a lot of money, finding some of the ingredients is tough. Time is also an issue when trying to juggle my work, school, and cooking schedule, so I don't have time to go to elaborate measures to cook.

Saying all that, I have learned fairly well how to improvise my way to get delicious meals that aren't going to kill your wallet. I am also sure, like a lot of you that are my age or any age for that matter, just go with the flow as far as measuring ingredients, adding what you want when you want in the portion you want without really measuring. That is the beauty of cooking...it is basically freestyle and just about nothing is wrong. I hope that through my blog I can share some of that with you, and maybe give you a couple of online cook book ideas as well in our product section that can help you cook in your limited time like I have been able to learn how to.

Learning how to cook at home, and coming up with your own creations might seem daunting, but trust me, it is rewarding, and a hobby that you will enjoy and will also save you a bunch of money on eating out! I hope you enjoy the amateur chef blog, and I also hope you will add your own unique recipes and tips as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment